Money belts come in all shapes and sizes but they all provide the same thing: peace of mind. They provide the wearer with somewhere discreet to hide their money, passport, important documents or all three.
While it is certainly recommended for those traveling to get a quality money belt, it can be difficult to know which ones are the most effective and the most comfortable to wear.
To make sure you have all of the information that you need, we have collected together a range of advice and tips. You will then be able to apply this information to the table of the most popular money belt options that are currently available on the market.
Things to Look For
- Hidden vs. On Show. On our list, we have a mix of both those that are designed to be tucked inside your pants and those that are a little more obvious. The ones that are hidden have additional security and those that are on show are more accessible.
- RFID. This is radio-frequency identification and it is the use of electromagnets to track and identify tags. Some credit cards, driver’s licenses, and passports come with chips embedded that can be scanned. Having a RFID blocker can help prevent this happening and halt potential identity theft.
- Comfort. The only way to test this, without trying on the product yourself, is to turn to expert reviews of the best money belt options. This will allow you to use the knowledge of someone that has tried all of the alternatives and has judged which belts are the best money can buy.
Top 6 Money Belts Chart
Which Is the Greatest Money Belt?
There are two main categories when it comes to a money belt and you should consider which one you are looking for:
- Quantity. These are the belts with a huge number of pockets for everything from a passport to tickets. You will have lots of options and hidden sections that provide the highest level of security.
- Simplicity. If you just need a place to store extra cash and your ID, then these kinds of belts are perfect. They are generally easier to access and have simple yet hidden pockets.
Top 3 Best Money Belt Reviews
Once you travel with the Simply4Travel money belt, you will not want to do so in any other way. This is such a convenient accessory and it is safe to keep all of your valuables in this belt too. It comes with a RFID blocking pocket so you can keep your credit cards on you without having to worry.
The belt itself is also big enough to keep your passport or a few passports when you travel with family. There is space for a smartphone, money and even a little opening for headphones so you can listen to your device and keep it safe.
Considering how much this money belt can hold, it might seem like it would get heavy but if you just keep your essentials in it, it is really lightweight and you won’t mind wearing it at all.
The Alpha Keeper is a money belt that has room for everything that you want to keep safe when you travel. It has pockets for your cards, your passport, your smartphone, cash, and keys too.
This belt lies relatively flat against you, even when it is packed with all of your valuables. It is barely noticeable when you wear it under a loose fitting shirt or jacket and is even nice looking when you just wear it on the outside of your clothes too.
There is also the option to buy the money belt in different colors so you can get a different color for all of the travelers you have with you or just get something neutral that will go with all of your clothes.
The best money belt is the one that you won’t mind using and will actually be convenient for accessing your money and valuables. This is the main reason to buy the Shacke hidden travel belt. This belt has all of the space you could need without getting bulky.
The black color keeps the belt neutral and the pockets have been designed to keep you organized, even being the right size for most different kinds of currency. This is a unique option in that it looks around a belt that you are wearing and hangs down slightly.
You can cover it up with a longer coat or sweater if you would like or keep it right on your hip while you travel. It will be protected and secure either way.